Dark and obscure music blog/zine since 2006 [ Post-Industrial / Ambient / IDM ]
contact: woundsoftheearth@gmail.com

| news | reviews | interviews | recommendations | releases | articles | about |

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

cool shit i've heard recently

Here is some cool stuff that came out recently / I heard recently that I've been enjoying:

Diaphane - Samdhya :: solo project from the other Ab Ovo member released on Ant Zen(Jerome Chassengard released his solo cd on Hymen a year or two ago).

Autechre - Oversteps :: newest AE release, much less beatwork and less technical fuckery. lots of melodies which are reminescent of their old stuff, but I wouldn't say it is particuarly similar overall. I haven't really been able to get into Confield and subsequent releases, but I like this one. If you're interested in hearing ultra-technical melodic ambient than you should definitely pick it up.

Eedl - Everse :: really good IDM stuff in the vein of Quench. I think they only have one full length from '07 but it's worth tracking down.

free comps:

Platforma-ltw has released a couple nice free compilations. There is a newish one featuring Funckarma, AZ-Rotator, Pleq, Huron, etc. which has some nice stuff.

misc releases:

Mike Cadoo (Gridlock, Dryft, Bitcrush) released a new drone album called Atom under the name M.Cadoo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks man for recommendation. Diaphane I've alredy hearded before and it sounds really cool. Autechre not so much interesting as earlier. Now I must listen to Eedl and Platforma-ltw.