Dark and obscure music blog/zine since 2006 [ Post-Industrial / Ambient / IDM ]
contact: woundsoftheearth@gmail.com

| news | reviews | interviews | recommendations | releases | articles | about |

Friday, April 8, 2011

Pleq Interview


An interview with the highly prolific IDM/Glitch/Minimal/etc artist Pleq from Poland. 

Firstly, can you give us a brief history of your project?

Pleq as a project began a couple of years ago and is slowly approaching it's final form. I think it only realized after the "Metamorphosis" album on Belgian U-Cover.

What inspires you to write music? What draws you to the medium of IDM/ambient music?

Inspirations have a very broad spectrum for me. I find them in the world that surrounds me and what lies beneath it.
Your track for the compilation is “The Pain of the City (Glitch version)”. Can you give us a bit on insight on what inspired this track, how you composed it, etc.?

The initial version of this track was released on now defunct Trachanik Records in 2008. I added to it glitchy atmospheres, which predominate in my current pieces. I love to experiment with sound and its perception sometimes to the point where it means to irritate the listener. 

Your style has evolved over the last few years, from melodic, ambient, IDM to more of a minimal ambient / glitch / drone style. How did this come about? You seem to always be working on something new, are there any other styles we can expect to hear from you?

My music is in constant evolution. I'm getting to know what my sound really is. I think I grew out the sounding of IDM. Right now, I'm working on albums which have fully instrumental parts for example Shintaro Aoki is on the piano and Natalia Siebula is on cello. I am more and more interested in modern classical in conjunction with field recording.

Tell us a bit about your studio. What gear are you using, what is your favorite gear, etc.? 
 Let's keep it a secret. 

What can we expect in the future from Pleq?

Collaboration albums with artists from all over the world, but mostly with the Japanese...

No comments: