Dark and obscure music blog/zine since 2006 [ Post-Industrial / Ambient / IDM ]
contact: woundsoftheearth@gmail.com

| news | reviews | interviews | recommendations | releases | articles | about |

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

GET THIS ALBUM: Penjaga Insaf - "To Whom It May Concern"

I couldn't really get into the most recent Penjaga Insaf album (Sama Sadja - on Loki Foundation's Power & Steel), however I heard some of their compilation tracks and really liked them. Then I read that one of the guys from Herbst9 worked with PI, possibly extensively on their first album To Whom It May Concern, so I decided to track it down. I was pretty happy to find that TWIMC (released on Herbst9s's label Shortwave Transmission) is totally different from Sama Sadja, and I really, really enjoy it. It's more droney and focuses more on dark, non-intrusive atmospheres, and is more in line with a Herbst9 album. It's got some really great synths, weird sounds and subtle rhythmic elements to keep the tracks flowing.  Unfortunately it is super limited and is probably long sold out since its release in 2005. I don't want to condone piracy, but that may in fact be the only way of acquiring this album. If you are a fan of Loki Foundation stuff than you need to hear this! I'm going to give Sama Sadja another shot, but in the meantime I'm going to be spinning this one a lot. I also encourage everyone to check out their track "Cross The Border" on the free Emissions compilation from Kalpamantra


abum on discogs: here

No comments: