Dark and obscure music blog/zine since 2006 [ Post-Industrial / Ambient / IDM ]
contact: woundsoftheearth@gmail.com

| news | reviews | interviews | recommendations | releases | articles | about |

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

GET THIS ALBUM(S) - Skadi



One of my friends recently turned me on to the criminally underrated dark ambient project SKADI, and I wanted to bring them to your attention here. I'm not sure what the current status of the band is (hopefully still active), but he recently re-issued some of his work under the "pay what you want" scheme on bandcamp. These albums were written in the early/mid 00s and as such they bare a strong resemblance to great albums from that time; notably the sacral and industrial elements of Raison d'etre - "In Silence, Sadness, and Solitude" and the tribal flavor of Ah Cama Sotz - "10 years Bat Vibez". In my opinion, those were some of the best albums from that time period and it's fantastic to hear another producer who excels at creating that type of stuff. He also has one hard copy album that was released in 2006 on the label Art Konkret, though I have not been able to track down a copy yet (hopefully will soon.)

You can check out his music here; I highly recommend grabbing everything that he has up as it is all excellent.

BANDCAMP
-
SKADI @ FACEBOOK
-

No comments: