Dark and obscure music blog/zine since 2006 [ Post-Industrial / Ambient / IDM ]
contact: woundsoftheearth@gmail.com

| news | reviews | interviews | recommendations | releases | articles | about |

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Second Look: Cities Last Broadcast - "The Cancelled Earth"


Cities Last Broadcast - "The Cancelled Earth"

I reviewed this album a while back for another zine and gave it a decent, but not great, review. I put it away for a while and came back to it when I started listening to Svartsinn and Kammarheit often, and now I feel bad for not giving it a better review. Cities Last Broadcast is a side project of Kammarheit, which will not surprise you in the slightest because it sounds exactly like it, which I wasn't too familiar with at the time. However, I have since learned to embrace the minimal droning atmospheres of both of these projects. While not terribly active music, this is still significantly better than most minimal ambient and especially most minimal "dark" ambient. It also has a hilariously engrish name which has grown on me with time. Great atmospheres, great production, and very dark. That last part is pretty important for dark ambient. Anyway, if you are a fan of dark ambient stuff than you should absolutely give this a listen. You will be hard pressed to find copies of Kammarheit albums out there (at least I am), but this one is still somewhat available.


http://www.kammarheit.com/
http://www.cycliclaw.com/

No comments: